192.168.8.1 is the IP address allocated to the admin panel on routers, such as 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.0.1. This IP address provides access to the management interface of your device and you can change many options, especially the Internet, Wi-Fi and security settings. In this article we will explain how you can do this. But before moving to this, you need to briefly define what an IP address is.
What is an IP Address?
IP address (Internet Protocol Address) is the address used by devices connected to other packet switched networks using the Internet or TCP/IP protocol to exchange data with each other over the network. Each computer connected to the Internet is assigned an IP address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), and other computers on the Internet access this computer with this address. Even if two different devices with IP addresses are not in the same network, they can communicate with each other through routers. In the next part of the article, detailed technical information about internet procol address is given. If you are not interested in this topic, you can skip to the next topic.
IP addresses are 32 bits long for IPv4, which is currently in common use, and represented by 4 8-bit numbers separated by dots. In this article we will illustrate the IP address of 192.168.8.1 which we will explain in detail. Nowadays, with the rapid growth of the population and the spread of the Internet, the IPv4 version is no longer sufficient. Because the maximum number of IP addresses that can be obtained with IPv4 is 4,294,967,296. IPv6 version has been developed for this purpose.
IPv6 has been developed by IETF since IPv4, which actually has a 32-bit address structure, is no longer sufficient in addressing and poses serious problems. In IPv6, the addresses consist of 8 (eight) octets and are represented in 16 (hexadecimal) bases. 128 bits are first divided into 16-bit segments (octets). Each octet is converted to a hexadecimal base. And they are separated by a colon (:). The maximum number of IP addresses that can be obtained with IPv6 is 340.282.366.920.938.463.463.374.607.431.768.211.456.
How to Login to 192.168.8.1?
If you are sure that the IP address of your device is 192.168.8.1, you can login to the admin panel of your router or modem by following the steps below.
- First, make sure your device is connected to the network. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection and cannot connect, try using an ethernet cable.
- Open any Internet browser (Google Chrome, Mozila Firefox, Opera, Internet Explorer, etc.).
- Type 192.168.8.1 or http://192.168.8.1 in the address bar of the browser. Both types are correct and will direct you to the management interface of your device. If you are not sure whether you have typed the IP address correctly, click here and try again.
- You will be prompted to enter your username and password to access the admin panel. If you know the login information, you can access the management interface by typing your username and password and make any changes to the configuration of your router.
I Can't Connect to 192.168.8.l
If you cannot access the router's admin panel interface using the 192.168.8.1 IP address, you can follow the steps below. If you've reached the login page but don't know your username and password, you can browse to the next section.
- First, you should make sure that your device's IP address is 192.168.8.1. Many IP addresses such as 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.254, 10.0.0.1 are also used in routers and modems. So the first thing to do is to check the user manual of your device, if any, and see if the default IP address is 192.168.8.1.
- If you are sure that the IP address is correct, make sure the device you are using to connect (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) is connected to the network.
- If you are not sure whether you have typed the IP address correctly, click here and try again. The most common mistake is to write 192.168.8.l instead of 192.168.8.1. IPv4 addresses are only numbers and dots, not letters. If you do not type the IP address correctly, you cannot connect to your router.
I Forgot the Router's Username and Password
If you do not know the username and password for your device, you can follow the steps below.
- If you have not changed your router's password before, you can use the default username and password table below. Here you can find login information for many brands.
- If you have previously changed the password for your router, you will not be able to log in with the default username and password. In such a case, there is only one thing to do. Reset your device to restore all settings to factory settings. However, in this case, the device configuration will also return to the state it was when you first purchased your device. If you do not know how to reset your router, you can follow these instructions.
Default Username and Password List
Select the brand of your device from the list below. All models, IP address, username and password list of that brand will be loaded.
After logging in to the admin panel of 192.168.8.1, be sure to make a backup before making any changes to your device settings. If you encounter any problems with changes to the device configuration, you can use the backup file to return to your device's correctly configured settings.